IRS Phone Numbers and Emails

• (202) 317-4000

IRS Email:

General Info
Claim Your Business
More phone numbers and emails Less phone numbers and emails

IRS Contact Information

more details
Scholarship, Grants and Programs

Rating stats

Rating trend

How to Contact IRS Customer Service?

Most Popular Number:

(800) 829-1040 Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands
Total calls: 1 335 Issues resolved: 35 Last call: Nov 25, 2022

How to Get Ahold of IRS Customer Service?

If you don’t know how to get through to IRS customer service, there are two ways to do this. The Internal Revenue Service provides customer support in local offline offices, or by phone. There are different lines, depending on location, the customer’s occupation, and request. Keep in mind that there is a list of questions that phone consultation doesn’t cover. The Help page on the IRS website provides answers to complex tax topics and questions that telephone assistants can’t cover. However, when calling the IRS customer service number, you can receive answers to general information and details about non-complex tax-related topics.

What Is the Number for IRS Customer Service?

IRS customer service phone numbers for personal questions include lines for individuals, private entrepreneurs, representatives of non-profit organizations, and other taxpayers. You can monitor the updates on the official website and check the last section about tax help options.

For individual requests, you may call IRS customer service at 800-829-1040 (from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. local time). If you are a business owner or a representative, use this number to contact IRS customer service: 800-829-4933 (from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. local time). If you work in a non-profit organization, reach IRS at 877-829-5500 (from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. local time). For estate and gift taxes, dial 866-699-4083 (8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Eastern time). For excise taxes, you may call this IRS customer service phone number: 866-699-4096 (8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Eastern time).

There is also a special line for the hearing impaired at 800-829-4059.

How to Talk with the IRS Customer Service Live Person?

Call IRS customer service at any phone number above during work hours. You should be ready to confirm your identity before discussing sensitive data. The list of documents required for the confirmation is available on the IRS official website. The call wait time is around 10-20 minutes, depending on the season. Note that the IRS provides services of professional interpreters, offering customer help in more than 350 languages.

Summary of IRS Customer Service Calls

6% ISSUES
RESOLVED

Top Reasons of Customers Calls

Consumers Call the Most From

Why Do People Call IRS Customer Service?

Request for Information Question:

• “Trouble to check amended return status”
  • “EIN number an to check if i have a refund somewhere place”
  • “Check status”

Refund Question:

• “2021 Tax refund status”
  • “No refund yet”
  • “Wondering where my refund is”

Shipping and Delivery Question:

• I never received my taxes for 2021
  • “Where is my refund”
  • “I never received my Sitmuels checks”

Return/ Replace Question:

• “Mailed in my amended return on February 8, 2022 it was submitted received and sent out and said I should've received it August 26 and nothing came”
  • “Tax return”
  • “My tax return”

Payments and Charges Question:

• “Missing EIP payments”
  • “Payment plan”
  • “Make payments for my 2021 federal income tax”

Account Question:

• “My prepare put wrong account direct deposit wrong”
  • “Can't log in to my”
  • “Know mybalance”

Cards Question:

• “Trying to get my IP pin number”
  • “To get my PIN number”
  • “I need my PIN number I usually get one every year this time I didn't my taxes had need rprepare but can't go through unless I have a pin”

Employment Question:

• “To get help getting my w2s”
  • “I need a copy of my 2020 w-2”
  • “Didnt recieve any stimulas checks, unemployment or tax refunds”

Product/ Service Question:

• “Student loan information”
  • “? Bout my paper work”
  • “My taxes was rejected because i didn't my taxes amount from 2020 then i order a transcript i received it so i went to correct it with freetaxusa and i put the amount of my refund of 2020 and it still got rejected again . Now it says my”

Staff Question:

• “I received a letter from my county social service stating that they received a hit from irs stating that I had been working for the past three years I am totally disabled and haven't worked in years my services have been cut I need help fixing this p”
  • “Customer service”
  • “Technical service”

Other Question:

• “I need to pay back taxes”
  • “I need my I pin and I need a clearance letter to get my drivers license back”
  • “Verify identity”

About

IRS Return Policy
To read more: https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-form-1040x
IRS Privacy Policy
To read more: https://www.irs.gov/privacy-disclosure/irs-privacy-policy
IRS Pros and Cons

Pros: I dont know, I never had a issues with the irs before 2020, Never answer phone, There are no pros, Website

Cons: Customer service, Hard to get ahold of, No answers to my problem, Incompetence, Long hold times

Summary

The Internal Revenue Service is an American agency. This agency specializes in tax collection and administration of the Internal Revenue Code. The tax collection agency processes more than two hundred million tax returns per year. Main office of The Internal Revenue Service is based in Washington, District of Columbia. The Internal Revenue Service is a company that operates the website IRS.gov. The Internal Revenue Service is considered of be one of the fastest growing companies in the industry. The Internal Revenue Service focuses on the quality of the services provided and maintains continuous trainings for its employees.

IRS reviews and complaints

IRS is ranked 126 out of 1133 in Governmental Organizations and Politics category

Official Company Name

1.5
Healthcare Gov
1176 reviews
1.3
Do you have something to say about IRS? What happened? What can we help you with?
Submit review Don't show this popup