I filled early, as usual.Waited over 21 days to find that there needed to be something verified (not specified in the letter).

(Mind you that if they had accepted my file over 25 days, then it should have been mostly processed right?). I wasted 5 HOURS of my life at a local IRS office to find out that they wanted to see some paperwork from my school (I attend college full-time). Of course, I was told "wait 9 weeks for your refund." There is NO logic behind such abusive amount of wait, other than the IRS stealing the accrued interest on my refund. It has been over 3 weeks AFTER I gave these people all evidence they asked for.

My tax file is very simple. If we could the 25 days prior to getting this letter, and then the 22 days I have been waiting for my refund, we have 47 days.

It takes this long to complete such a simple tax return?I am sick of this!

This reviewer shared experience about "this is abusive" and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $1000. This person is overall dissatisfied with Irs. The most disappointing about irs tax return at Irs was discriminating system Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Irs.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Government and Politics category for more informed decision or compare Irs to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Irs?

Comments

The IRS processes over 150 million returns a year, which is why the time frames are 6-8 weeks or so to process when there is an issue.