Ault, Colorado
Scholarship, Grants and Programs

I filed my return back on 02-02-2015.It was supposed to be received a couple weeks later.

Due to what they keep blaming as "system issues," my return was processed a couple weeks later with $2400 deducted. I've spoken now to 5 reps, which it takes forever to get through. Each rep says something along the lines of "Hmmm, that's weird, let me submit a release on that for you; Call back in a couple weeks if there is still an issue." They keep saying they are adding interest to the amount they owe, but not a single rep knows even what the interest is (By the way it's 3% compounded monthly if they fail to send money after 45 days). Non-government people such as myself know how to read tax codes better than those whom are supposed to enforce them.

Now calling for the 6th time, there has been "Too high of call volume" in the last few days to get through. I'm a master at tricking their phone tree at this point; They are just not available to be accountable for their negligence. I even have a recorded conference call with the IRS on the line, along with my attorney acknowledging that they screwed up. They state that there is no way to contact the division that releases the checks.

Little do they know, I was the one of the people that provisioned the telecom array for the IRS.I contacted the internal number that releases the checks, and leave messages, but with no reply.

This person wrote the review because of problems with payment at Irs. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $2400 and wants Irs to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was negligence and incompetence. If you have a chance, please contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Irs irs tax return for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Irs?

Comments

I'm the original poster of this complaint.Now, today I thought I'd give the Tax Payer Advocate number a chance.

Bad idea. First call: waited for 30 minutes for an answer. The lady immediately said "Sorry, but I'll have to put you on hold." I held for 15 minutes. She hung up.

Second call: Waited for another 30 minutes. This rep I could hear just picked up the phone and immediately hung up without saying anything. 3rd call: All I could hear was some people laughing in the background talking about how they got drunk last weekend. About 5 minutes of laughing and banter in the background, also got hung up on.

About 2 hours of my day, and that's what I achieved.The forefathers would have taken up arms by now.

to Anonymous #1011457

What is the taxpayer advocate number???I had to pay back taxes.

I had them take the money out of my check 2x per month. I was done paying and they never released the levy. They owed me 4 checks for the overpayments. I never received the last check.

I called altogther 8x. Just got off the phone (after being on for 1and 1/2hours) with an imbecile who could not interpret the data on his screen to answer my simple yes or no questions.(like how many checks were sent out? What was the date of the last check sent out?

How many checks were cashed?) All of the questions i asked were pretty simple.Now i have to call back in 30 days because the issue was sent to some other division.